• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 64 problems

.....Thanks for the reply......i Had since discovered the part number(s) and locations prior to your post...I just need to located a rather inexpensive chip to get this back on it's feet again.

Hello, I just aquired C-64 with 1541 Floppy disk drive, and computer itself is working perfectly. But the disk drive doesn't work. I decided it has bad RPM and calibration. Is there any possibility to write down measurement program? The problem is that 50 km around me there is nobody who can borrow me another drive and I don't have program itself. Thanks!

.....Thanks for the reply......i Had since discovered the part number(s) and locations prior to your post...I just need to located a rather inexpensive chip to get this back on it's feet again.

Hello,

Did you ever get this C64 to work and was it the PLA?

Thanks.

I still have 1 1/2 tubes of PLS100 PLA chips programmed to replace the C64 PLAs. These are NOS PLA chips that were programmed and individually checked in a C64 before going back in the tube for storage. They are listed on my web site.

http://www.arcadecomponents.com/catalog/item/3054735/8335676.htm

If you want to program your own PLA chip the code dump is publicly available on my web site in the downloads section. The MESS team used that code to improve the emulator and gave me acknowledgement for providing the PLA code. :)

Raymond

Back