• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 65!

til there is a new market crash ala 1929 and people have to sell their C65's very cheap just to get money for food. :p

that is totaly nuts to pay 10 grand for a dammn vintage computer... there is folks starveing to death in this screwed up world and ppl pay 10 grand for a computer!

Those people will still starve anyway, either that $10K gets spent on toys or it stays in the bank.

The thing about high prices being paid for vintage computers is that it helps raise public awareness and respect for this stuff. If someone pays 10K for an old computer they will probably take really good care of it. :) Other people hearing of this will think twice about throwing out old computers. Yes, it ups the prices for people like us but we want this stuff to be appreciated, respected, and preserved, don't we?

The thing about high prices being paid for vintage computers is that it helps raise public awareness and respect for this stuff. If someone pays 10K for an old computer they will probably take really good care of it. :) Other people hearing of this will think twice about throwing out old computers. Yes, it ups the prices for people like us but we want this stuff to be appreciated, respected, and preserved, don't we?

I collect Nubus cards for the mac, lately there has been alot of them on ebay but at $60 a piece for common network and video cards (no they do not sell). So now everyone thinks they have something worth some real money. There are people who collect and there are people who invest. The people who invest just make it more expensive for me to collect, or drive me out of the hobby.

People still throw out old machines, there are plenty of people who charge so much an hour that listing, packaging, and taking a box to the post office is not worth their time.

Just because somebody paid $10K for a machine does not mean they will take care of it. How many million dollar ferraris have been crunched because people are careless? It is all reletive. My mom made a comment about some SUV that cost $80K being bad on gas, I looked at her and said if you paid $80K for a car I don't think you give a crap about $5 a gallon gas.

Back