• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore/Amiga 3000 Computer, manuals and software

JeanColorado

Experienced Member
I am posting this for a friend. Tried to upload a picture and lost the whole post. Anyway, any questions you may have will be forwarded to the owner. There will be several posts on this thread. Hope to have everything listed soon. Will sell individually or as whole lot. Would like to see all gone in about 2 weeks. Since I will need to forward offers and questions to owner, please be patient for a response. Selling as is, US only, local to Colorado would be terrific. I haven’t been able to post. Hopefully, this will go through without the pictures. Cleaned with CC cleaner, defragged, dumped the cache. Fingers crossed. Turns out that PC Tools did a number on my laptop. Moved to free AVG and most everything is back to normal except posting.
thanks,
Jean
Magazines:
Amazing Amiga Aug. 1991, Aug. 1992, July 1991, June 1992
AC's Tech/Amiga Vol 2, Nbr 3 and Vol 2, Nbr 4
For Amiga Users .INFO #43 Oct. 1991
Manuals:
3rd Editions
Amiga ROM Kernal Reference Manual Libraries
Amiga Hardware Reference Manual
Amiga ROM Kernal Reference Manual Includes AUTODOCS
Amiga ROM Kernal Reference Manual Devices
Aztec C Manx 1989 with disks
Proper Grammar 1991 with disks
The Waite Group's Inside the Amiga with C 1988
Final Copy 1991 with disks
The Amiga DOS Manual 3rd Edition 1991
Amiga Vision Authoring System 1990 Includes 8 oem disks
Using the System Software 1991 I think the disks I have go with this manual
Workbench, Amigados, Editors, Utilities
Software:
Software of the Month Club, unopened NIB, no idea what is inside. 8 boxes
A-Talk III Advanced Communications and Terminal Program (New Horizons)
GP Fax Software Supra for Fax Modems

Hi,
I've spent the last few days working with the folks at bleepingcomputer.com. I thought we had finished up, simply because it seems my laptop is working. Yea!!!
However; just got an email to run another scan, never heard of it, ESET Online. I had done all of the usual stuff and it didn't help. Personally I think I had a lot of corrupted files. Anyway, will post pics and the rest when I get the all clear the people who actually know what they are doing.
thanks,
Jean

One pretty easy thing to try also will be installing another web browser (I'm assuming you might be having trouble in IE or only one browser?) Installing Firefox or Opera will support most websites and be incompatible with a lot of spyware plugins that may be enabled in IE. Of course there is a huge handful of regular spyware that interfere nomatter what (they install in Windows and run in the background downloading or interfering with their annoyances or sifting through files and passwords they can find). Either way I'm sure they'll get ya pointed in the right direction. MalwareBytes and Spyware Search and Destroy are pretty good scanners as well as most anti-virus vendors have free online virus scanners available.

Hi

Hi

Yesterday was ComboFx and Malwarebytes and something else. I just may go to Firefox. I had upgraded to IE9, what a nightmare! Downgraded to IE8, was good to go for a day or two before all of the problems kicked back in. I also firmly believe that MS sends out updates that aren't tested and seriously screw things up. I also got rid of Vista Home Premium about 6 months ago and went to Windows 7. Wow, what a difference! Now I am started to see comments about the Windows 7 problems. I didn't change to Firefox because I don't understand or know about all of things you need to add on. I wish they just had an all inclusive package that does what IE does, of course without all of the problems. I have been a PC person since the 80's but now am envious of the folks that moved to the Apple and Mac side.
thanks,
Jean

lol, well Firefox has lots of add-ons but those are all optional and unnecessary unless you want to play around with popup blockers, etc. By itself it's just a single installer. Now adays it has most of the same features as IE without any plugins. Plus it may help you know if the issues are IE only vs something in the operating system. Windows 7 is actually pretty stable and most folks like it better than XP. Either way yeah Combofix is their little proprietary tool that they don't want anyone to know what it does lol. It's just a combo of a few other tools and scans though, I just dislike their closed source effort but hey if they're helping folks then all the best.

Part of the problem honestly may be the downgrade. A lot of time MS claims the IE installs are permanent and you can't uninstall them, so it's possible it didn't cleanly uninstall and still has some components hanging your older IE instance. If you want to PM or post a link to your thread over there one or more of us may have some ideas we can PM ya. It's hard to always know what file names are supposed to be running on so many different system and application installs that folks have so that's the majority of the initial fight. Finding the program that's linked into your OS or running as a service/task and then the later part is almost easier which is getting it and it's friends to stop running and removing it through safe mode or other means.

Hi

Hi

I absolutely agree. I haven't tried to use Firefox for maybe 3 or 4 years. When I look at the services and processes running, my jaw drops. No way I could even begin to know what is going on. I think there was a process hog about 2 years ago called svchost that was a nightmare from MS. Earlier this week the folks at bleepingcomputer had me uninstall all Adobe and Java components, run something to make sure there were no remnants, because apparently when you upgrade or update, nasty crap is left behind. I am still running ESET this morning. Waiting for that to finish up and create a log. I just may take you up on your offer of some help on the side to get rid of IE.
Jean

Back