• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South Commodore Board Repairs in the USA

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

rittwage

Veteran Member
Hello,

I don't publicize it much, but I do board repairs on C64's. I worked at a Commodore dealer in Atlanta in the early 90's, so I've repaired hundreds and hundreds of them over the years.

Some custom chips are getting expensive, so you can send donor boards along with the ones you want repaired to use for parts, or just send donor boards if you're going to throw them out!

-Pete

Shoot I may just send you a board that has been plaguing me for 3 years. I have resurrected it twice but then it goes back to being completely dead again. Im at a loss. and I want it working!

Yes, happy to look at it. As long as it's not a dead TED, it can be repaired.
I tested all the chips and all is well but the TED chip is questionable. I ordered one today and will see what happens. If that doesn’t solve the problem then I’ll send the motherboard to you. Thanks.

This is good to know as I have a bunch of Commodores that I need to work on at some point including our original that was fully outfitted with jiffydos. It stopped working after being left in a high heat environment for a few years.

Back