• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore Pet 4016 Video board Assembly

techtatan

Experienced Member
Hi everybody !

I'm new here in this forum !
I try to get some help ! here is the problem :

I was changing the video board Assembly of my pet 4016 ( the old one was completely destroyed and disconnected by the old owner).
I was able to get one on ebay, and now i need to know how to connect it right :
meaning what is the right plug for horizontal dy / vertical dy ? :confused:
also the right sens for keyboard connection ?
for the screen power supply there can be no error made i think !?

sincerely any help / photo would be very helpful

best regards, and thanks

Hi everybody !

I'm new here in this forum !
I try to get some help ! here is the problem :

I was changing the video board Assembly of my pet 4016 ( the old one was completely destroyed and disconnected by the old owner).
I was able to get one on ebay, and now i need to know how to connect it right :
meaning what is the right plug for horizontal dy / vertical dy ? :confused:
also the right sens for keyboard connection ?
for the screen power supply there can be no error made i think !?

sincerely any help / photo would be very helpful

best regards, and thanks
Are you talking about the video board or the main board? I don't think the keyboard connects to the video...

All the connectors should be keyed with a missing pin except for the power connector which can go on either way, although the wires usually go away from the board and towards the transformer; unless someone's unsoldered some wires the transformer connections should be OK.

Which model 4016 is it? Is there a number on the main board?

Are you talking about the video board or the main board? I don't think the keyboard connects to the video...

All the connectors should be keyed with a missing pin except for the power connector which can go on either way, although the wires usually go away from the board and towards the transformer; unless someone's unsoldered some wires the transformer connections should be OK.

Which model 4016 is it? Is there a number on the main board?

May be i wasn't able to explain my self. I ry again :

When you open the monitor you have the video assembly board : (thats what i changed)
on this board comes a cable from the computer with power supply keyed with a missing pin. (thats OK)
From the video board to the tube you have a round plug going on back of the tube keyed with a missing pin. (thats OK)
you have two other plugs going from the tube to video assembly :

1: 2 cables yellow & brown
2: 2 cables red & blue

on the video assembly board you have to positions to connect these plugs the ver.dy & hor.dy !

the thing is that i do not want to invert them !

Hope this is clear enough this time (not easy for me to explain in English sorry)

another thing is the key board plug there seems not to be keyed with a missing pin !

On the back of the computer i have :

4016-N
C-41/81
s/n 4885

Thank you very much for reply !:p

Kind regards, techtatan

Ah, OK, you're talking about two different things
1: 2 cables yellow & brown
2: 2 cables red & blue
Looking from the back, the Y&B cable is on the left and the R&B on the right; it doesn't matter which way you turn them, although the cables usually prefer one way and the blank pin is usually on the left.
another thing is the key board plug there seems not to be keyed with a missing pin !
Are you sure? Assuming you're talking about the connection on the main board, I've never seen one that did not have a missing pin and two corresponding missing wires on the cable. At the other end some keyboards also had connectors instead of being hardwired, but the connectors were usually one-sided, so no confusion there either.

In any case, the connections on the keyboard are the same orientation as the connector on the board, i.e. the left side of one goes to the left side of the other.

I could take a picture of mine tonight when I get home from work, if you're still having trouble.
Well, aside from translating left and right to gauche and droit it's pretty foolproof, but if our French friend needs a picture:
FatMonitor.JPG
Excuse the dust.

Hi again

Thanks a lot for your help and translating skills :D !

The monitor powers on (light in tube). But there is no beep, no display :(
I may come back to the forum in another post after having some checks and getting an oscilloscope from a friend.

anyway thanks for all and kind regards

hi do you still have the old Commodore Pet 4016 Video board Assembly as I could use it for spares for my water damaged commodore 4016

Back