• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq Portable II PSU questions

pkhoury

Experienced Member
I tried some of my Compaq Portable II's (I have several) and all started smoking from the PSU (honestly, no shocker there). I took only one apart, and C13 on the PSU looks a bit charred/melted. I'll try and take a picture later on with a macro lens to better show what it looks like. That said, does anyone have a good working PSU, that can tell me values of the various caps? I'm also debating if I should even bother recapping this, as the long term plan is to sell it (I have enough stuff in my collection I plan on keeping).

I have a working power supply, although I'm not sure what I can tell you that you can't already see from one of your several supplies, working or not.

C13 is a dipped tantalum, marked 156 +25, which I take to mean 15uF, 25V.

I have a working power supply, although I'm not sure what I can tell you that you can't already see from one of your several supplies, working or not.

C13 is a dipped tantalum, marked 156 +25, which I take to mean 15uF, 25V.
Thanks. C13 on my PSU looks charred and melted, so I couldn't make it out at all.

Oh, I glossed over what you said about them all seeming to die in the same way. interesting

Back