• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Copy II PC Option Board

the wizard

Experienced Member
I have a Copy II PC Option Board and was wanting to know what do I have to do to install it in my 1000 TX, It's already in my 1000 SX but it is having issues at the moment, my manual states it will work in a TX but needs a different instillation, can any one elaborate on that. Thank You.

I have the Manual and the Software, and I will almost bet the cable was one with holes in it like the regular floppy cable for the TX but longer so the power didn't go through it am I right.

No idea. Since the Option board is connected between the floppy controller and the floppy drive if the floppy drive gets power from the controller then you still need get power to it without frying the option board.

I have the Manual and the Software, and I will almost bet the cable was one with holes in it like the regular floppy cable for the TX but longer so the power didn't go through it am I right.

This is correct. You must punch holes through the power lines of any cable you plan to use with the Option Board and a TX's built-in disk drive controller. The holes must be in that portion of the cable which connects the TX's mainboard header to the Option Board. Additionally, if you are using the stock 720KB drive, you must find another way to get power to it.

This is correct. You must punch holes through the power lines of any cable you plan to use with the Option Board and a TX's built-in disk drive controller. The holes must be in that portion of the cable which connects the TX's mainboard header to the Option Board. Additionally, if you are using the stock 720KB drive, you must find another way to get power to it.

Thanks for verifying that info Great Hierophant, I'll get to work on the cable ASAP.

I have successfully installed a Copy II PC Option Board plus a Math Co- Processor into my 1000 TX now I am looking to upgrade the ram to 768 K and it will be fully upgraded. Oh and I have a Microsoft Mouse installed as well freeing up my serial port. So my rig is as follows: Tandy 1000 TX, 640 K of Ram, Microsoft Inport Mouse, Copy II PC Option Board, 1 = 5.25 Floppy Drive, 1 = 3.5 Floppy Drive, Math Co- Processor, XTIDE Compact Flash Adapter w/IBM DOS 5.02. I will be bringing it to the assembly.

You still have a slot or two you could fill :) Personally I could not see myself using a slot for a mouse card when the serial port is fully capable, but these days I have little interest in modems or null-modem transfers.

Back