• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Corona PC-22 keyboard

titanic

I have a Corona PC-22, dating from mid-1983. It was in use for several years, and then stored. I recently fired it up - the monitor and computer run and load perfectly - but only a few keys on the keyboard generate characters on the screen. Quite an anti-climax to a reunion with an old friend - many pleasant years were spent with the much-lamented MultiMate WP on this computer.

There was nothing wrong with the keyboard when last used. The cable with RJ14/25 connectors works correctly. I believe the keyboard is a capacitance type, and very robust. What would a tecchie do to test and revive this keyboard?

I have a Corona PC-22, dating from mid-1983. It was in use for several years, and then stored. I recently fired it up - the monitor and computer run and load perfectly - but only a few keys on the keyboard generate characters on the screen. Quite an anti-climax to a reunion with an old friend - many pleasant years were spent with the much-lamented MultiMate WP on this computer.

There was nothing wrong with the keyboard when last used. The cable with RJ14/25 connectors works correctly. I believe the keyboard is a capacitance type, and very robust. What would a tecchie do to test and revive this keyboard?

Old thread -- Did you ever figure out how to revive it? I have a similar problem, although I can't get the keyboard to work at all....

Back