• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure

wiskow

Experienced Member
As many of you already know, I'm in the U.S. navy, and I'm currently stationed in California where I work with TV broadcasting for the military. I've just been informed that I'll be getting sent to Afghanistan on a temporary assignment to work at the receiving end of the TV signals that we send out from here. I'll be leaving on 7 June, and I won't be back until 14 February 2010. As a result of this, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs, as well as the Cottonwood website, the ACUG website, and my personal website, will all be offline while I'm away. I'll be shutting everything down on 5 June. But, 8 months later, when I get back, everything will be back up and running again. I'm very grateful for everyone's support, and I look forward to catching up on things in the "Commodore world" upon my return next year.

Just a quick update... I've managed to find an alternate location to host my web pages, so those will all remain up and running while I'm away. I've already moved them, and everything seems to be running smoothly. I added a notice to the top of the main page about the BBSs being down while I'm gone.

As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running. Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards. :)

Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593.

"Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400.

Old Tech... Still alive and well in 2010!

Welcome back!

BTW: what's that other article called "Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure " about? I'm asking because I don't have permission to read it. :)

Yeah, I'd heard you were coming back a little earlier; welcome back, Andrew, and hope those stacks of 15?1 disk drives are all still spinning...

Welcome back!

BTW: what's that other article called "Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure " about? I'm asking because I don't have permission to read it. :)

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Are you saying that you don't have permission to read the older messages in this thread? If that's the case, I started this thread last year to let everyone know that I'd be taking my BBSs offline while I was on a military assignment to Afghanistan. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have permission to read the older messages. It looks like there have been some changes made on these forums while I was away; perhaps that has something to do with it?

Yeah, I'd heard you were coming back a little earlier; welcome back, Andrew, and hope those stacks of 15?1 disk drives are all still spinning...

Yes, the old drives are still running. I'm always "tweaking" the setup, but I currently have Cottonwood running on two 1581s and two 1571s. Borderline continues to run on a CMD hard drive. I may be getting a Lt. Kernal hard drive soon, and if that happens, I'll be setting up Cottonwood to run on that.

wiskow: Are you saying that you don't have permission to read the older messages in this thread? If that's the case, . . .
I haven't noticed that to be the case. It was just the link that was posted there which requires permission. The title also has some left-over bits of html in it, so I think it's just a little problem with the forum code. Not a big deal. :)

BTW, I gave you a small mention (with link) on my Voxigo blog in an entry called "The BBS Lives!".

Back