• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Creative CR-563-B, 3DO Blaster?

RaptorZX3

Experienced Member
Quick question, will the Creative (made by Matsushita) CR-563-B work on the Creative 3DO Blaster card?

on many places it says the only model that work with it is the CR-563, so i wonder if the "-B" will work too. Or maybe the "-B" is only there to distinguish the Creative-logo'ed one from the "non-branded" (no Creative logo on the disc tray) one?

good!

Now i need to know...will MSCDEX detect a CD-Rom drive plugged on the sound card?

As Stone mentioned, you'll need to load an appropriate driver before MSCDEX. I'd expect the 3DO driver pack to have included a DOS driver to suit. If you were following the default install process, I'd expect it to take care of all of this for you - but I don't own the card, so no idea.

In the SB16 world it'd be something like

In CONFIG.SYS:
DEVICE = C:\SB16\SBCD.SYS /D:MYCDROM <-- initialises the interface, detects any attached drive, gives it the name "MYCDROM"

In AUTOEXEC.BAT:
C:\DOS\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MYCDROM <-- mounts "MYCDROM" in MS DOS

i don't have a 3DO Blaster, i'm just trying to gather the stuff needed for it...because it's most likely that i won't have the control pad nor the CDRom drive if i ever find the card itself.

Back