• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cromix-Plus for Cromemco 68000

rcamarda

Hi, I am looking for a copy of the version of Cromix that will work with the Cromemco S-100, 68000 DPU card. I believe it was called Cromix Plus. I can supply or replace floppies if needed.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Cromix-Plus

Cromix-Plus

Hi, I am looking for a copy of the version of Cromix that will work with the Cromemco S-100, 68000 DPU card. I believe it was called Cromix Plus. I can supply or replace floppies if needed.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Did you manage to find a copy of Cromix-Plus? If so I would be interested to find out where, as I am also looking for a Cromenco DPU!

The original version of 68000 Cromix for the DPU was actually just Cromix (not plus), CRO-D versions 20.05 through 20.65

AFAIK Cromix+ started with version 30.51 and went up through 172XXU (they changed the numbering system to confuse us), although after a certain release it required an XPU or XXU processor and no longer worked with the DPU.

Whether or not a given version would work for you depends on your hardware configuration; certain upgrades required board mods, ROM upgrades, etc.

Then there's the issue of creating disks from images; the most reliable tends to be using 8" images on a 1.2MB HD floppy drive.

I don't have access at the moment but I'm pretty sure I have a DPU available.

Back