• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CROSS CHASE: my massively cross-system 8 bit game

Fabrizio Caruso

Hi everyone! Thanks for accepting me!

Thanks for the nice report on my project!

My project is about the development of the massively cross-system game CROSS CHASE whose binaries and source code
are available at:
https://github.com/Fabrizio-Caruso/CROSS-CHASE/releases

The game runs on nearly ALL 8-bit computers including some very rare systems (CBM510, CBM-II, Jupiter Ace, Mattel Aquarius, Spectravideo, etc...). New systems are going to be added to the list of supported targets.

REMARK:
A point that was a bit missed in the nice positive report was that the game is a BETA.
The game will probably never get super fancy graphics but it will get better graphics for sure in many of its targets in the coming months.
Moreover the game is not (necessarily) character-based.
A few months ago I produced a C64 version with hardware sprites, which is still available on GitHub in a previous release page.

Please test the game and let me have some feed-back!

Atari_W1.jpg
Spectrum_W1.jpg
MSX_W1.jpg
CPC_W1.jpg

Attachments

• Atari_1c.jpg
    Atari_1c.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Atari_5.jpg
    Atari_5.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Atmos_4.jpg
    Atmos_4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
  • cpc_3.jpg
    cpc_3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2
  • Atmos_2.jpg
    Atmos_2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
  • ATMOS_W1.jpg
    ATMOS_W1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

Seems a cool & fun project indeed!, it's impressive the amount of supported systems. Can't see the Camputers Lynx, it's really fun to program, you'll find it a perfect cross between a tipical japanese system and a western one :) (I mention japanese systems because I can see some of them in your list, e.g.: X1)

Has it been ported always as assembler sources?, Have you used BASIC for some version?

ANSI C for any target from Motorola 6809, MOS 6502, Zilog 80, Modern PC, etc.

ANSI C for any target from Motorola 6809, MOS 6502, Zilog 80, Modern PC, etc.

Thanks for you kind words!

I know have even more systems (about 140) and I will add more.

For the game I ONLY use pure ANSI C for any target from Motorola 6809, MOS 6502, Zilog 80, Modern PC, etc...
The game code is the SAME for all 140 different systems.

For the tool-chain and abstraction layer which provides hardware-agnostic APIs for ALL targets I also use pure ANSI C but in very specific cases
for very specific targets I had to use a couple of Assembly 6809 and Zilog 80 Assembly.

Fabrizio

Welcome aboard!

Seems a cool & fun project indeed!, it's impressive the amount of supported systems. Can't see the Camputers Lynx, it's really fun to program, you'll find it a perfect cross between a tipical japanese system and a western one :) (I mention japanese systems because I can see some of them in your list, e.g.: X1)

Has it been ported always as assembler sources?, Have you used BASIC for some version?

Back