• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Data General Enterprise

Skyfrog

I'm not sure what section this fits into so I guess it goes here. Has anyone ever heard of this computer or have any information about it? I was given one about ten years ago, but unfortunately it did not work. At the time I was living in a small apartment and did not have much space for stuff like this, so I couldn't keep it. I really regret that I didn't hang onto it now, especially after searching for information and finding nothing at all about it. Here is what I can remember; it resembled a TRS-80 Model III having the monitor built in and two 5.25" floppy drives next to it. The case was a light pastel two-tone blue color, the bottom half being a bit darker. I recall seeing the date 1979 on several of the chips and DGC printed on what I think was the CPU. I'm afraid I don't remember any of the chip numbers. I did save one very important part though, the name plate. It was located between the floppy drives (the 0 and 1 identified them):

DGC_ENT.png

I worked for Data General in that era !980-1994. That system was their answer to the desktop mini computer. It didn't do very well and even employees avoided using it. It ran proprietory software, and would run dos if I remember correctly. Do a search on Ebay for the heck of it.

Back