• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dataq WFS-200PC

JDT

Veteran Member
official description: The DATAQ Instruments WFS-200PC Waveform Scroller Card is a plug-in board for IBM personal computers and compatibles, providing display, recording, and storage functions for up to eight channels of input from voltage sources such as laboratory instruments, thermocouples, etc. It is in effect an eight-channel replacement for a strip chart recorder.^By using the WFS-200 with any of a large number of supported analog/digital converter (ADC) boards, data can be recorded digitally in the supporting computer`s RAM or mass storage.^This report describes a user-configured system, consisting of the MetraByte DAS-8 board, the DATAQ Waveform Scroller Card, and DATAQ`s Computer-Based Oscillograph and Data Acquisition System (CODAS) software, which may be used with any instruments that generate analog output to display, scale, and record these waveforms in real time with a single computer, using no complicated programming syntax.

Would anyone be able to tell me, in plain english, what it does, how it does it (as I don't see anywhere on the card to plug anything in) It has some sort of passthrough to a CGA card. I googled hoping to find a manual or software.. no luck, Dataq's own website doesnt mention it even in the obsolete section and unfortunatly they dont have an "older than dirt" section. So I was just curious if anyone has played with these things. TIA

Back