• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest DEC and HP Hardware outside Cleveland : $ Various

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

PrintStar

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
I'm trying to unload some rather large DEC units and some workstations that I'm no longer interested in keeping around. Everything is local pickup only. The VAX and AlphaServer will require two people (at least) to get out of my basement. Anyway, here we go:

DEC VAX 4000/200 - In a pedestal case that has always been missing the top door. System has 16MB of RAM, a couple of serial cards without cabling and an Emulex UC08 SCSI controller with cable to a bulkhead (so you can actually use it). I had this system running NetBSD on a SCSI drive for a long while until the fan speed controller in the power supply broke. The system still runs, but it is loud since the fans never slow down. There is some cosmetic battery acid damage to the fan assembly and the CPU bulkhead, but it has a new battery. Does not come with any disks. I'd like to get $250. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll probably part out the boards on eBay and throw away the pedestal.
IMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPG

DEC AlphaServer 2000 4/233 - In a giant deskside case with a broken CDROM/floppy door. This machine has a single CPU, 128MB RAM, a Compaq QVision card, and a variety of SCSI cards. I can also provide a Tru64 boxed distribution. Because the disks did have personal info, I will provide a single, unformatted 4GB drive with it. Comes with a keyboard and a compatible Logitech mouse. Important: this system will not run NetBSD or OpenBSD. System runs just fine, but it is crazy-heavy. I'd again like to get $250 for it, but I'll entertain offers.
IMG_0678.JPGIMG_0679.JPGIMG_0680.JPG

DEC VAXStation 3100 M38 - This system has a new old-stock motherboard after the original was destroyed by a battery. I will include a SCSI disk that came with it that had VMS (no idea what version or any passwords or if the disk spins at all...) and its wacky external SCSI cable. I had it slowly running NetBSD. Works fine. I'd like to get $150 to cover the motherboard and power supply replacement costs.
IMG_0681.JPG

HP Visualize B2000 - This workstation is a 400MHz single-CPU PA-RISC system with 256MB RAM. I'll throw in an uninitialized 9GB SCSI drive (it has one drive sled inside) and a set of HP-UX 10 discs if I can find them. It sadly doesn't have the visualize graphics on the side. Previously it was happily running Debian, but they've dropped PA-RISC a while back. I'd like to get $100.
IMG_0682.JPGIMG_0683.JPG

HP 715/100 - Another PA-RISC system, this machine should be a 100MHz model with 64MB RAM, but I'm not sure about the RAM anymore. She's been modified to directly accept PS/2 mice and keyboards. Comes without a disk. $50
IMG_0684.JPGIMG_0685.JPG

If you're interested in more than one system, we can talk about bulk pricing. Just message me here. If you're having trouble with private messages, at least reply, and I'll try to message you instead. I should have some more units soon (notably a NeXT cube), but I haven't settled on pricing for that.

Typically you’d make a new post for this and list it here in the marketplace section! You can sell it locally here. Where are you located?

Typically you’d make a new post for this and list it here in the marketplace section! You can sell it locally here. Where are you located?
Thank you i already done posting it and just got Approved. Im located in sweden (Europe)

Back