• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC VAX and PDP Hardware Wanted in Southern California

NF6X

Veteran Member
I hope I'm not being too spammy and impatient, but I'm trying to spread the word that I'm keeping my eyes open for DEC VAX-related and PDP-related hardware. I'm just beginning to get into DEC retrocomputing, with fixing up a PDP-11/44 as my first project. I don't have any accessories such as storage hardware for it yet. An RL02 drive would especially interest me. I am also interested in other DEC hardware. Even stuff like bare cabinets that I can mount stuff in. My dream system at the moment would be a VAX-11/780 with a TU77 tape drive and suitable hard drives, but other sorts of systems might divert me from that course depending on what comes along. I'll grab whatever interesting bits and pieces come along as I find them and as I can afford them. Even stuff that I can't directly use may be worth saving from the scrappers and holding as trade fodder as long as I have room to store it.

Once my folks move to their new home near me and can take care of my dogs, I might become more open to traveling and thus cast my net wider. For now, I'm focusing mostly on whatever gear might appear in southern California.

Please keep me in mind if you trip over any DEC hardware that you don't want for your own collection!

Back