• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

digital DECstation 3100

justjunk

Experienced Member
I have a bare digital DECstation 3100 (without memory, drives, monitor, or keyboard) box with motherboard and power supply. I have no way to test it. Is it worth anything to anyone here? And if it is should I post to Vintage Computer Items or Off Topic Marketplace? Thanks.

I have a similar model (I'd have to check the details, as it is buried under a bunch of other machines). Keyboards are not that hard to find, but I have so far been unable to locate any RAM for it. Apparently these models are very picky on the RAM, they don't seem to make it any more, and is hard to find used online. These models can boot over the network to a console on the serial port, so the lack of disks or monitor is not fatal.

BTW I have a spare keyboard if you do end up getting the RAM.

I have a similar model (I'd have to check the details, as it is buried under a bunch of other machines). Keyboards are not that hard to find, but I have so far been unable to locate any RAM for it. Apparently these models are very picky on the RAM, they don't seem to make it any more, and is hard to find used http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gifonline. These models can boot over the network to a console on the serial port, so the lack of disks or monitor is not fatal.

BTW I have a spare keyboard if you do end up getting the RAM.

Thanks for the info. I really just want to find this thing a new home. My wife has convinced me to pare my accumulation of junk (her term for interesting computers).
I know the missing ram is a big problem but it is nice to know that if some one is interested that keyboards are available.
Mainly I wanted to know the correct forum to post to for finding it a new home and if it was valuable enough that some one would at least pay for shipping. I really hate to send it to the recyclers bin but the wife is VERY insistant that I "get rid of some of this junk."
So that you don't misunderstand and think unkindly of her, I have a huge amount of "junk" and I will be keeping many of my favorites. :)

Back