• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Documentation for Humbug monitor for 6809?

rwcooper

Hi, I have a SWTPC 6800 computer that I have updated (decades ago) with a Percom SBC/9 CPU board. The board contains a 6809 processor. The board also contains two 2716 EPROMS labelled HUMBUG F000 and HUMBUG F800. Ideally I would like to get the source code for the monitor. If that's not possible a user manual for HUMBUG 6809 might suffice. I need to know the commands HUMBUG implements and the entry points for the standard functions such inputting and outputting characters through the serial port. I have found HUMBUG manuals for the 68K and something that is supposedly for the 6809 but most of the commands in that manual aren't implemented in the version of HUMBUG I have. Thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.

I found HUMBUG09.TXT in several places (they all seem to be the same) but it is quite different from the version I have. It may be sufficient for what I need. Once again thank you for your help.

I was looking for documentation of the version of Humbug in the PROMs on my PERCOM 6809 CPU board. I wasn't trying to use the version I found on the internet. What I found was not the same as on the CPU board. However, from the HUMBUG source code I found I was able to determine which commands are implemented on the version I have.

It's been so long I can't remember the details. I believe I ordered the HUMBUG PROMs for the PERCOM board separately and then installed them myself. I'm not using HUMBUG anymore. I ported over a monitor I wrote for a M6809 SBC I designed and built myself. It's nothing fancy.

Back