• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DOS software that uses the scroll wheel.....

prime

Experienced Member
Hi All,

I'm developing a little adapter board that is basically a PS/2 mouse to serial mouse protocol converter.

I have it working well as a standard 2 button 2 axis mouse, and is identified by the standard MS mouse driver.
I'm now working on making it optionally identify as an MS scroll mouse, which seems to be working, it's recognized by cute mouse as a scroll mouse and a generic mouse tester identifies it has having 3 buttons which all work.

However I need to find something to test the scroll wheel with.

So does anyone know anything for DOS (or Win 3.1) that will use the scrool wheel. The machine I'm testing this on is a Compaq Portable II which is 80286 based, so will need to not be 386 and above.

Cheers.

Phill.

There was no scroll wheel during the DOS/Win3.1 era. You can try some modern stuff like the Arachne Browser for DOS, but I doubt that even that will support a scroll wheel.

The KYE mouse included scroll wheel drivers for Windows 3.1.

You could try http://ninho.users.micso.fr/wheelk/ which turns scroll wheel movements into presses of the up and down key. Also, try the POINT editor or some other software that uses the third mouse button and make sure that all the buttons are correctly processed. I don't know of any DOS application that had been updated to include scroll wheel support but then the mailing list archives I would have checked seem to be down.

Back