• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DOS Sound Card Drivers?

You will need SBBASIC.EXE. If you absolutely can't find it, send me a PM with an email address and I'll get it to you.

Thanks fellas! I will give that a shot when I get off work. These forums are great in scenarios like this! It's to bad the manufacture won't leave the drivers up on their site for us to download. I think Asus is the only manufacture that still keeps stuff up from the 90's.

Creative is actually one of the better companies in that regard - the drivers for their old products are still on their site.
although for some strange reason I can't make a working link to their website.

Go to their homepage, click Support -> Technical Support. Click Sound Blaster. Scroll down to the bottom where it says 'If your product is not listed above, please click here.' and click it. In the next screen, select 'other' on the left, and 'archived products' will appear on the right.
In the next page, go to the bottom and select DOS from the OS listbox, then click submit. All the basic drivers are there.

If you want any of the other bundled apps though, the previously linked collection of drivers is a better place to look.

Back