• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DOS System and 30GB HD?

John Draugr

Experienced Member
I have a 30GB Hard drive that I want to install into a DR-DOS v7.03 system. I'm planning on using it as my lone drive so it will need to be broken into multiple partitions, the first of which will be the DR-DOS boot partition. What I wanted to ask is if anyone knows what software will let me get full use of the 30GB drive? I know DOS has its limits of 8GB when detecting hard disks, but I could swear there was software that would let me get full use out of the 30GB of drive space. The drive may have to be broken up into multiple partitions and that is fine, but so far the standard FDISK that comes with DR-DOS sees the drive as an 8GB drive only which was the max back then that DOS could see.

If anyone knows of software that will let me get the full 30GB of storage please post the name or a link to the software.

Thanks
John

Disk Partitioning Tools

Disk Partitioning Tools

I used to use the Western Digital Hard Drive "Data Lifeguard" Tools. They shipped on a 3 1/2" floppy when you purchased a new WD hard drive.

I still have a floppy disk with the programs on it. I will attempt to make a disk image, and if successful, will PM you.

Re: Disk Partitioning Tools

Re: Disk Partitioning Tools

Ok John, I was able to make a disk image using 'dd' on Linux, and write it back to a floppy disk using rawrite on Windows 2000. Should work fine.

HP

Back