• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dot Matrix Color Printing Issues

VirusVox

Hello all!

I recently managed to acquire a new manufactured colour ribbon for my Panasonic KX-P2123 printer. The previous owner had also installed a colour ribbon and the required KX-PCK11 addon piece so setup was as simple as dropping in the ribbon and beginning to print.

I did a few small bitmap test prints and they all printed as expected, in colour (one pictured below for reference)

20220202_175501.jpg

However I then tried to move on to a banner style test print, and as the print went on a weird colouring issue appeared and grew worse throughout the course of the print. Now all items seem to be printing like this. I've done some poking around in the printer's manual and with a few friends and so far I don't really have much to go on. Does anyone know what would be causing this? (the light lines on the banner print are from head adjustments to see if that was playing a role)

Thanks!
20220202_210521.jpg20220202_204145.jpg

Hello all!

I recently managed to acquire a new manufactured colour ribbon for my Panasonic KX-P2123 printer. The previous owner had also installed a colour ribbon and the required KX-PCK11 addon piece so setup was as simple as dropping in the ribbon and beginning to print.

I did a few small bitmap test prints and they all printed as expected, in colour (one pictured below for reference)

View attachment 1238250

However I then tried to move on to a banner style test print, and as the print went on a weird colouring issue appeared and grew worse throughout the course of the print. Now all items seem to be printing like this. I've done some poking around in the printer's manual and with a few friends and so far I don't really have much to go on. Does anyone know what would be causing this? (the light lines on the banner print are from head adjustments to see if that was playing a role)

Thanks!
View attachment 1238253View attachment 1238254
Update - Seems like this is an odd issue with the way this ribbon cartridge was manufactured. When angling the print head to make the colour yellow the teeth are sometimes slipping that rotate the ribbon, causing the colour to drop out temporarily.

Back