• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Downsizing my life collection of computer paraphernalia has to go

LGilesGriffin

I was born and raised in the Silicon Valley, and at 75.5 years old, I don't see myself owning anything more than a laptop in the future. I got hooked on computers. in 1969 operating an IBM 1130, I didn't have enough Techie to do S-100, did buy a Osborne One in 1982, built an IBM clone in 84, I had friends in the car club that were Technicians, Engineers, my Techie had lots of support, anyway I have a Altos 580 with a 49 meg HD, that I used for a few years, also runs a modified version of CP/M, ZDOS, IIRC Bob Wright wrote it, the piece of significance is out of the Engineering Department Altos 586 with all the engineering schematics, PCBs, user manuals, and I believe all the software is on the HD, oh, and there is a printer, Philips Sub something, you can print T-shirts with, CP/M software, PC clones VESA bus on one, I haven't really gone through it yet, I'm about a 100 miles from Silicon Valley been for 15 years now, I'd like to see it gone by end of the month, I'm up for discussion.