• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Drive Rails for Arbor Computer Case (My P2 Machine)

twillkickers

Experienced Member
I have a fantastic gaming machine I found for early 2000s games. However, The CD drive does not have drive rails for the case, and was duct taped inside. I would like to fix this and get the proper drive rails for 5.25" drives in this machine. If someone could advise what type of drive rails this would take, I greatly appreciate it! I'd also be happy to buy drive rails off someone who has them. Ideally I'd like at least two sets of rails. I have attached photos of the case and the drive slots. The case is branded "Arbor."

case.jpginside.jpgmeasurements.jpg

Unusual. Most cases that new really didn't need guide-rails. If the HDD is mounted with rails, then that may give some idea as to what other 5 1/4" bays would need.

Pretty sure these are the rails you will need as I had a case just like it that I gave away over at Vogons >> https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=741358#p741358

You can see the rails taped to the bottom of the case in a baggie.

Ebay listing >> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Enlight-Co...854660?hash=item1f15ddf804:g:xXEAAOSw~HBaDiVA

You probably can find them cheaper, but just FYI. It's the same Enlight frame just a different front bezel. Many variants were made based on this case design.

...and no, that is not my Ebay listing. Just wanted to show you an example of what you are looking for.

Many thanks for your help! I went ahead and ordered a couple sets of these from a French seller for a lower price. Can't wait to get them and try them out!

Many thanks for your help! I went ahead and ordered a couple sets of these from a French seller for a lower price. Can't wait to get them and try them out!

If they don't work out, let me know and I can probably 3D print some for you. I'll need some dimensions to make the rails though.

Enlight metal drive rails, same ones used on their cases back in the 486 era.

They had a case that looks exactly like that but had USB ports on the bottom and no rails were needed for the 5.25" drive bays (just some metal levers you push and pull).

I wish I had saw this earlier, that's a enlight 7250 and I have a ton of rails available.
The original versions had rails and the last gen had the clips that you pulled.

(I sold that case for years.... and I'm looking at one right now at the office that I have stashed under a table.)

Back