• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Duke Nukem Forever

"I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!" don't think I ever played it death match. We did do a lot of Duke3d but the first fps a friend and I played over modem with a friend was ROTT (Rise of The Triads).

I admit I played Doom but not really it's sequels. I can't remember if it was Hexen or Heretic but it definitely cracked me up when the first thing I typed was idkfa which like apparently most folks who were expected to try that ended up standing there like an idiot without any weapons or armor and I'm PRETTY sure all the creatures immediately knew were I was.

In Blood, say .. the *adventurous* types end up with that stupid little hand strangling you because you were taunting it too much. Did anyone figure out a way to get it off without dying? (Was always curious, all I think we figured out was burning ourselves but pretty sure we and the hand die).

I think I just used to jump up and down a lot and bounce off the walls. I guess the hand was kind of a precursor to the Headcrab. Blood had some neat weapons. Voodoo doll anyone? Perhaps a magic skull on a stick then? :)

Talking of Duke... how about Blood ? Spent many college days ROFLing to that one in deathmatch!

Played it sometimes but never was as fun as Unreal Tournament. I also remember playing a shooter with a setting in the Wild West at some point. :D

Not sure about wild west, I would have thought someone would bring up Shadow Warrior (kinda rode on the Duke3d fame). Basically they let you play another talkative character throughout the game play.

Back