• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

dump find....

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
COCO II as retrieved. It'll need to dry out a bit before switching on!
coco crop..jpg
All the peripherals are still plugged together, only thing that appears to be missing is the lid off the printer. I'd no idea that glidepads existed in 1983.

Very nice find!!! I was picking myself today only for antiques in an old falling down barn. People throw some incredible stuff away these days.

I don't know about CoCo s but the first Trash 80 was pretty common here as we had Tandy (Radio Shack) outlets in most larger towns. I suppose it was one of the first non-nerd machines, certainly one of the cheaper ones. As far as I can remember, my mate was fixing mostly TRS80s and Video Genies by the time I was 15 (1980), and it was another 2 years till the Spectrum appeared and eclipsed everything else here (strangely I still haven't picked one of those up).

Wish they would let me take some of the old stuff from the local recycle center but they don't take kindly to digging through their bins here. Won't even let you swap newer electronics stuff for the old items.

I don't know about CoCos but the first Trash 80 was pretty common here as we had Tandy (Radio Shack) outlets in most larger towns. I suppose it was one of the first non-nerd machines, certainly one of the cheaper ones. As far as I can remember, my mate was fixing mostly TRS80s and Video Genies by the time I was 15 (1980), and it was another 2 years till the Spectrum appeared and eclipsed everything else here (strangely I still haven't picked one of those up).

Yes,I was meaning the Cocos rather than the venerable TRS-80 Model 1. From what I've read about the home computer scene in the UK by the time the Cocos II and III came along the home market seemed to be swimming with Spectrums, Commodores and Amstrads (plus give or take a few Dragons, Orics and other misc.).

Cocos are almost unknown here in New Zealand. I saw a Coco 1 in the wild once but never a II or III. I've never seen any of them on our Trade Me online auction site after 2.5 years of watching. I had to buy my Coco 1 from Australia. One of the reasons is (in contrast to Australia) New Zealand never had any Radio Shack outlets. Was this also the case in Britain?

Tez

Back