• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Email Notifications not working after the restore

:rolleyes:

It's not our fault that you do not understand what it means to be a 501(c)(3) non-profit "corporation" under U.S. tax laws.

I will try to dummy it down for you.

A "corporation" in the sense you're implying exists to line the pockets of its owners. THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE.

A charity "corporation" is simply the term used by the IRS to describe an organization where 100% of revenue is put back into the mission. Thus nobody "profits" (aka NON-profit), and so the organization doesn't have to pay taxes, because it exists for the public good. THAT IS WHAT WE ARE.

I.4. Corporate Purpose. The corporation has been organized exclusively for educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including, for such purposes, the making of distribution to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any further federal tax code. More specifically, the purposes for which the corporation is organized is: an educational organization dedicated to the collection, preservation, restoration, and education of historic computers, technology, and related material by using these collections for exhibitions, educational programs, historical research, and related activities for the benefit of the public.

Last edited:
A "corporation" in the sense you're implying exists to line the pockets of its owners. THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE.

A charity "corporation" is simply the term used by the IRS to describe an organization where 100% of revenue is put back into the mission. Thus nobody "profits" (aka NON-profit), and so the organization doesn't have to pay taxes, because it exists for the public good. THAT IS WHAT WE ARE.
I neither stated nor implied profit.

You made the nutty argument about VCFed is "no longer administered by a caring individual (person) but rather a cold corporation."

There are six people who lead VCFed: me (as daily operations director) and five board members. The board members (including Erik and Mike) are all volunteers, as are the moderators. To state that we do not "care" is .... just crazy. And to call us "a cold corporation" directly implies that we're some big evil heartless business. You can write "I neither stated nor implied profit" all you like, but that's EXACTLY what you did and any reasonable observer would reach the same conclusion.

I have a ban button. I'm not afraid to use it.

Last edited:
Everyone: I believe it's fixed now. Please try sending each other PMs etc. ... I had somebody send me one just now and I got the notification email, took a few minutes but it worked fine.

Our hoster found the problem. They switched us to a different server when the site crashed a couple of weeks ago. But the email settings still had the old server details.

Back