• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Epson FocalPoint shell for Windows 3.1

os127

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum. It's a wonderful place!

I wanted to ask for assistance. Since I had an Epson ActionPC 5000, a 486, sometine around 1993, I knew about a shell for Windows 3.1 called FocalPoint.

Since a couple years ago I have been searching the internet for it. I have never seen it but documentation of Epson ActionTower 2000 speaks of it and I found a posting on ebay selling diskettes of Epson's FocalPoint version 1.00a.

I have always wanted to actually see it running, since I first used my first 486.

If someone could find it, I would be very grateful and happy.

(I'm sorry my phone doesn:t allow me to post a photo I found of the diskettes of the ebay posting I mentioned, the link is ebayposting )

Hello, this is a photo of the disks containing version 1.00a of Epson's FocalPoint. I'm putting this for it may be interesting or helpful for anyone.

IMG_20240510_230648.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I certainly couldn't find that software in any of the places I normally look online. I also did what I normally do when I want to learn about some software - go to books.google.com and search for (in this case) "pc magazine" focalpoint - since I thought perhaps I could at least find a screen shot, but all I could find was advertisements and reviews of a device from the '80s for sharing printers, and reviews of some software from 1996 for Windows 95 which was an integrated communication suite kind of thing, neither of which were said to have been from Epson, and neither of which sound like what you're looking for. I think I did see some advertisements saying that some Epson PCs included FocalPoint, though.

Good luck, it seems like it will be hard to track down!

Edit: I did find downloadable ActionPC documentation but I presume you already have that?

Hello! thank you, I feel welcome :)

A couple of years ago I found a pdf scan of the manual of the ActionPC 5000 which showed in the front cover a photo of the computer with FocalPoint on the screen. I don't know right now where that file is, but every posterior effort to find it has been fruitless, I don't know how is it that I can't find it anymore. I have a lot of copies of the pdf of the manual but without the image of the front cover.

I wish I arrived on time to that ebay posting!

Thank you so much for your help. Sadly I couldn't find anything in that ftp site copy, neither in the one starting from 1997.

Yesterday I searched for the pdf of the manual with the photo of the screen showing the program without success.

thanks again.

Back