• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Everex EV-159 Dip switches help needed.

Sega

Experienced Member
Hello, I just got said card and I don't know much about it. I really want to test it more than anything. It has all of the ram slots filled so I'm assuming it has 3MB on board. I'm going to set it up for the test on the Sega/IBM Teradrive that has 512Kb of base memory and 2X 1MB simms making a grand total of 2.5MB.

Can anyone please help with the dip switches settings? I want to set the card to have all of the EV159 memory as extended. Thanks in advance!

Anybody know why my EV159 would only have 6 dip switches at SW1 instead of 10 indicated by the manual and software?

Okay, I figured this out after many hours of searching. I suspected this was a board revision issue and confirmed. The board I have is an EV159b where the one with 10 switches at SW1 is a EV159a. The boards however simply state EV159, so it is not obvious at all. To make things worse, the one that comes up all over Google and Bing when you search is the older EV159a which they generically call EV159. These SW1 switches are for configuring the EMS memory. If anybody runs into this issue, here is the link for both cards (Manual/Software).

It was not easy finding and it is the only link I found. I have attached the software but the manual is too large to upload it tells me. Good luck!

Attachments

• EV159b.zip
    71.6 KB · Views: 2
Anybody know why my EV159 would only have 6 dip switches at SW1 instead of 10 indicated by the manual and software?
Looking online, I see at least two versions of the card:
* One has "EV-159" printed on it (with "PWA-00209-00" directly underneath that). SW1 has 10 switches in it.
* The other has "EVEREX EV159" printed on it (with "PWA-00209-00" further to the right). SW1 has 6 switches in it.

Based on photos online, the "EV-159" appears to be of about 1987/88 vintage.
The "EVEREX EV159" may be of about 1991 based on the photos at [here].

So, possibly two versions of the manual about.

After reading a little of that manual, and a little more googling I see that the inst159.exe utility and emm drivers mentioned, seem to be here:
The date of that software matches up nicely with the date of version 3.0 manual.
I downloaded the software and added it to [here].

Back