• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Everex Systems Version 3 memory expansion and multi I/O with RTC

floyd20183

Hi,

I have recently found an 8bit Everex Systems Version 3 memory expansion and multi I/O with RTC card but have no idea what the jumpers should be if I want to put this into an IBM 5160 that already has 256k RAM. Does anyone perhaps have some documentation for this card ? I could just keep trying the jumpers but would prefer to have a better idea of what the settings are :)

Thanks in advance.

lightbox_card.jpg

I don't think that version 3 is the name of the card, I think it just signifies that this is the 3rd revision? Most if not all the Everex cards I own have a unique identifier that looks something like EV-xxx. For example one of my multi i/o cards from them has EV-125 written on the board. If it doesn't have anything like that, you could try looking for an FCC ID that you can trace back to the actual product, assuming it has one. If nothing else works, I'd suggest looking through Stason.org or TH99 for a good visual match.

It's worth noting that your card has a chance of not being an exact match even if you find the specs for the exact same card. One of my Everex cards has slightly different dip switch settings and a reversed memory bank orientation compared to what documentation I can find online. It's probably just an earlier or later modal that wasn't as widespread, but the moral of the story is that if you find something that looks fairly close, just try out the switch settings and see if it works.

Back