• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Facit 4420 problems

SunDown79

Veteran Member
I have just dug up a Facit 4420 and it seems to be in ok condition and it does power up but the screen shows a bit of garbage.
Its basically a black square in the left top corner surrounded by inverted "C"'s.

Its a long shot but anyone any idea's ? I have pressed down on all IC's that were socketed and there are some internal jumpers that do seem to do something which gives a different garbeled image but as I dont know what they do its a bit of a shot in the dark.

Thanks!

Stefan.

tingo

Veteran Member
And this isn't the cursor by any chance? (I've never seen a Facit 4420 "live", so I don't know how it is supposed to behave).

SunDown79

Veteran Member
Hehe, yeah my description could have been couldn't it ;)
But no. I have taken a picture of the screen, works better :

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1

tingo

Veteran Member
Hmm, that looks bad. Sorry I can't help - don't know what it could be.
BTW, perhaps you could add some pictures of your terminal to the Terminals wiki: Facit 4420.

SunDown79

Veteran Member
Ah yes saw that entry, not sure if the text is correct though on the Terminals wiki as mine is a pure Facit 4420, nothing about Norsk Data on it.

tingo

Veteran Member
Feel free to correct it (it was written by me), I wrote it based on a small amount of information available related to ND.