• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Finally found Micropolis FDD Controller Card (drives still available) Australia

captaineos

Hi VCF team
Months ago you may remember my FS thread for an Exidy and Micropolis drives. Today I'm happy to say I found one more box passed down to me from a family member. Inside was what looks like a Micropolis controller card. Could this be what everyone said was missing? The Exidy was since sold to put toward my Uni fees for semester one but 2x Micropolis drives and now the missing link are here!

Photos for everyones critique:
micropolisBp1.jpg

Higher quality ones: http://imgur.com/a/xuaxM

Sadly there is only one card. Offers considered by reply, email (jeremybh1@gmail.com) or private message.
Jeremy

Attachments

• micropolisBp2.jpg
    micropolisBp2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1
Interesting, you may have found it.

If so, you would only have one controller for both drives. The 34 pin cable on the top of the card would "daisy-chain" to each drive.

It has been decades since I saw a discrete logic floppy controller (with no LSI chip like a Western Digital WD1771), and that one was on several cards in a card cage. This doesn't seem to have enough chips on it - but perhaps my memory is faulty.

Back