• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page ?

Le_Bear

Experienced Member
Every page I open here I get this message, in a drop down bar, with "allow", or, red "x". Why?

I click "allow" time after time, it still drops down. I click "x", same deal, next page, it's right back.
Is there any way to prevent this from happening page after page?

(I use a vintage, although trusted and stable Firefox, along with other vintage accessories :) Could this be a problem?)

How "vintage" is your FF? I'm using 3.6.17 here. I've got 1.5 loaded somewhere, but can't find which box atm. I do notice that vBulletin does not do the same thing all the time. Once in a while I get a mystery screen when I click to answer a post. In fact it happened on this post. I have no idea what it is for but it is sporadically generated by vBulletin and is just one of the myriad of bugs.

mine isn't quite as vintage as yours ;) ohwell! i guess braggin rights are worth somethin huh :) I don't get this on any other site, not even on one other, where i've also disabled adblock

I also use a "vintage" FF 3.6 (the last version with the "vintage" Mosaic GUI and "vintage" versioning scheme). And I never even came across such a message - all web pages redirect me to wherever they want to ;). Methinks this must be an adblock (or other plugin's) thing. As for problems with this site - never encountered any.

I also use a "vintage" FF 3.6 (the last version with the "vintage" Mosaic GUI and "vintage" versioning scheme). And I never even came across such a message - all web pages redirect me to wherever they want to ;). Methinks this must be an adblock (or other plugin's) thing. As for problems with this site - never encountered any.

There's a FF setting to warn when websites try to redirect, I'm wondering now if I can disable that feature just on this site alone, but it doesn't seem to have that option. In some cases that could prove to be an important safety feature, although here I would have no problem with it. It doesn't happen on any other site except a weather site I check occasionally. I kind of like it there, because it doesn't need to reload or redirect me, because the forecast already shows at that point. I kind of hesitate turning it off for every site due to the number of searches I do into what is most times unknown territory. I guess my only options are to live with it here, or risk it there?

Back