• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Floppy disks for an IBM DisplayWriter

I just uploaded single and double density versions to bitsavers.
Let me know if you get them to work.

I do not have all the hardware parts for writing 8 inch floppies on a PC, this is why I'm looking for written floppies to have some fun with the machine while I gather all the parts for 8 inch floppy image writing. Unfortunately the Displaywriter I'm about to have, comes with no software at all.

I will let you know if disk images work, but it will take some time - I think about a month or so.

I used to have Displaywriter with Textpack 4, and ended up passing it to a another VCF member. I have just been through my floppies and found a 2S2D copy that I made of the Textpack 4 floppy. It is something that I would have tested. If you PM to me your postal address, I will post it (and a blank) to you for free.

Back