• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: IRIX Software

TeamBlackFox

I have several versions of IRIX and a good deal of software for it I'm looking to sell cheaply:

IRIX 6.2 for Indigo IMPACT $10
IRIX 6.3 Software Library For SGI O2 $20
IRIX 6.5 Software Library ( No overlays ) $25
IRIX 6.5.8 Overlays and Application CD $15

I also have several copies of Adobe Photoshop 3.0 and Illustrator 5.5, due to them being opened and me being unsure if they will still activate each copy will be only $10

I can ship anywhere in the US and depending on the country, internationally as well.

Last edited:
I also have several copies of Adobe Photoshop 3.0 and Illustrator 5.5, due to them being opened and me being unsure if they will still work each copy will be only $10
It's easy enough to test the disks without installing them. Why not do that? Then we'll know what we're getting. :)

Sorry if you all thought I disappeared, got let go of at my job and been distracted but getting out orders thus far Monday.
Still got copies, looks like I have two more sets of Photoshop, still have all my IRIX OS software libraries

And Stone, sometimes old software relies on license servers which are now long decommissioned

I've been told that on certain SGI machines, the license is attached to the computer. Don't know for sure or what the specifics are. SGI licenses are big bucks. I have IRIX, a gaggle of the disks, but haven't played with it at all. There are some good tutorials on the net. One stated the os had to be installed from a sftp server or some nonsense. Maybe it can be done natively (from the cd drive, and caddies are sometimes mandatory), but I don't know.

You can install IRIX right from the CD media and there are a lot of good tutorials out there (and auto installers too)...
The main forums for SGI enthusiasts is
http://forums.nekochan.net/
You can find out a ton of stuff from that site. Like using a NetBSD VM to network install IRIX if you want to:
http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/Using_DINA_for_network_installation_of_IRIX

That beings said, the Adobe software uses FlexLM for licensing (as does most other IRIX software). Without an Adobe generated key they will operate in demo mode.
IRIX itself does not require any special license keys to operate. Some of the overlay software does but you don't necessarily need that stuff.
Good luck!
Alex

Back