• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For sale: Kaypro IIX

vanderk

Experienced Member
I have decided to sell an extra Kaypro IIX that has been in my collection for a few years now and kept as a spare. I'm going to try to describe every detail to avoid any suprises:

This is a later Kaypro IIX with the internal modem (300 baud), universal ROM, serial/parallel printer ports, serial data port, and real-time clock. It works fine--boots up nicely and I haven't experienced any read/write errors. There are various scratches to the case, a dent on the right side (toward the rear), and a small dent/bulge on the left side; one of the top case screws are broken (it will need to be removed and replaced with a new screw). Overall cosmetic condition is clean/good, but I've taken NUMEROUS photos of almost every square inch of the exterior to include photos of the unit booting and accessing the A and B drive. I'll let you look at the photos and make a determination.

Photos: http://www.flickr.com//photos/kaypro/sets/72157633370964882/show/

Diskette drives were manufactured by Toshiba and have the door locking button (both are matching); I am including a CP/M boot disk to get you started. Also includes the keyboard cable and AC power cord.

I am asking $85.00 plus actual cost of shipping (I am located in Florida 33872). Please note that this luggable weights almost 30 pounds less packaging (add a pound or two for the box and packaging materials). I will do my best to get the shipping cost as close to "actual" as possible. My eBay feedback can be viewed under Kaypro_283.

Last edited:
Back