• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE PC Jr. (for US buyers only)

Anonymous Coward

Veteran Member
I am doing an international move and I need to clear out unneeded things from my storage locker in Missouri.

All these things are available for free, with the exception that you must take EVERYTHING.

I didn't really get around to doing much testing on this unit, but I noticed that the modded 128kb sidecar is still detected as 128kb rather than 512kb, so it seems a little extra work will have to be done.

The following items are included:

-PCjr base unit with floppy drive and 64kb expansion card
-128kb side car (unsuccessfully modded to 512kb)
-(2) Parallel Port side cars
-Power Expansion attachment side card
-both chicklet and rubber dome keyboards
-Berg to D-sub adapter cable for serial port
-1200 baud challenger external dial up modem (with manual)
-(3) AC adapters (one for the baseunit, one for the sidecars and one extra)

I'm only in the US for a short time, so if you want it you will need to claim it by July 25th.

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

Is this the unit that you got from Chromedome45? If so, fwiw, I know that he modded the sidecar with a jumper to allow one to go back to original configuration on the modified memory sidecar, though he did (at the time I saw it), have it modified to 512kb, and it worked perfectly. It might just be a matter of changing the chips out and moving the jumper internally.

Also, on a side note, if this is the system that you got from Frank, that was a NOS PCjr that I traded to him initially about 2 years ago along with a few extras (serial, pcjr->5153 adapter, and keyboard cable). Quite the nice unit :) His were the first hands that touched it... mine were the 2nd... yours, I guess, the third!

If you don't find a home for it, PM me... lord knows that I don't need another system, but I'd hate to see that particular unit go to a landfill, goodwill, etc.

Wow. My PM box was flooded with messages. I really didn't expect this kind of interest in the PC Jr.

I just wanted to let everyone know it is no longer available.

PS. I got this unit about 7 or 8 years ago from a family friend. I believe user mbrutman supplied the extra goodies.

Last edited:
Time flies ... I just about forgot about that system.

It is hard to beat free, but there are other PCjrs out there:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...IBM-PCjr-Starter-Kit-(Round-2)&highlight=pcjr

I am running a little behind, but if you can tolerate a little bit of a wait you can get a pretty nice system. I can do some customization if that is not exactly your dream system.

Post general questions in that thread or send a PM if you are interested in something specific.

Back