• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: AOX MicroMaster 386 for IBM PS/2 Model 50 or Model 60

njroadfan

Veteran Member
Up for sale is an AOX MicroMaster 386 card for a PS/2 Model 50 or 60 equipped with 8MB of RAM. I can't confirm, but it should work in other 286 model Microchannel machines. Unlike those clip-on "Make-it-386" adapters, this upgrade gives you more memory. All of it is full 32-bit bus width running at the speed of the on board 386. You can utilize planer/motherboard memory with it as well, but its highly recommended that you disable it due to the HUGH performance hit (its in the ADF settings). Seeing that these 286 PS/2s usually only have 1MB on board, its not that big of a deal.

Now the not so good news. It needs a 386DX-25Mhz CPU, I don't know where I placed the one that was on this card. Also, one of the plastic retainers on the top SIMM slot is broken. When I last used the card, I had to use a rubber band to hold it down to detect the full 8MB of RAM. Otherwise you can reconfigure the card to just use 4MB in the lower slot.

Software (including ADF for your reference disk) and how-to from fellow forum member uxwbill can be found here: http://www.walshcomptech.com/ps2/aox386.htm

Due to the lack of a PS/2 to test with, this card is being sold AS-IS. It worked when it was pulled out of a Model 50z about a decade ago.

Price: $50 + shipping via USPS.

International shipping via USPS is available but keep in mind that it may be expensive, particularly if you want it traceable with a tracking number.

Attachments

• AOXMM386.jpg
    AOXMM386.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 4
Up for sale is an AOX MicroMaster 386 card for a PS/2 Model 50 or 60 equipped with 8MB of RAM. I can't confirm, but it should work in other 286 model Microchannel machines. Unlike those clip-on "Make-it-386" adapters, this upgrade gives you more memory. All of it is full 32-bit bus width running at the speed of the on board 386. You can utilize planer/motherboard memory with it as well, but its highly recommended that you disable it due to the HUGH performance hit (its in the ADF settings). Seeing that these 286 PS/2s usually only have 1MB on board, its not that big of a deal.

Now the not so good news. It needs a 386DX-25Mhz CPU, I don't know where I placed the one that was on this card. Also, one of the plastic retainers on the top SIMM slot is broken. When I last used the card, I had to use a rubber band to hold it down to detect the full 8MB of RAM. Otherwise you can reconfigure the card to just use 4MB in the lower slot.

Software (including ADF for your reference disk) and how-to from fellow forum member uxwbill can be found here: http://www.walshcomptech.com/ps2/aox386.htm

Due to the lack of a PS/2 to test with, this card is being sold AS-IS. It worked when it was pulled out of a Model 50z about a decade ago.

Price: $50 + shipping via USPS.

International shipping via USPS is available but keep in mind that it may be expensive, particularly if you want it traceable with a tracking number.

Is there a chance this is still available? I do deep research on all manner of PS/2 related equipment, but I fried my previous Aox MicroMASTER. :(

Back