• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS/FT: Tandy TRS-80 Model 3 16KB + Tape Drive, Local pickup NJ

KD2IXL

Experienced Member
Hello All,

I am cleaning up my room and realized I have run out of space.
I am going to be switching my focus to collecting mostly vintage laptops since I now have far too many hulking computers, gotta make room for a mainframe one day haha!
Aside from a listing for some Macs I made over on 68kMLA, I am getting rid of my TRS-80 Model 3
I bought this as a project, however I never finished it. I fully recapped the motherboard, painstakingly desoldered each and every key to get the keyboard functional and even
Replaced a faulty ram chip. All was good with the world, I was able to use it for about 3 days then , BANG!
The High Voltage supply blew out and needs a recap. I was also gonna find floppy drives to put into it, but they are really pricey.
I paid 80 bucks for this thing on facebook marketplace and frankly I feel like I got ripped off. I also lost the antenna on my Buick from a low hanging branch on the property I picked it up from.

So, if anyone in the New Jersey area is looking for an almost fully functional TRS-80, or parts, maybe a fully restored keyboard, CRT, or the tape deck to one of these machines, and
happen to have an old 486 laptop, Thinkpad, PowerBook, or very small form factor Pentium 1 PC.
Please send me a PM, or send an offer for what you think is fair,
IMG_4475-min.JPG
Thanks,
Ian L.

Back