• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Key Switches/Locks

jamesbeat

Experienced Member
Chippewa Falls, WI (Home of Cray Research!)
I needed a key switch for a build, and I ended up buying a job lot in order to get the type I needed.

I am offering the rest of them for sale for $6 each (via PayPal) INCLUDING shipping to the lower 48 States.

If you want more than one it will work out a little cheaper because shipping will be less.

There are two styles; one has an all-metal key (I have three of these) and the other has a metal key with a plastic grip (I only have one of these).

All switches are brand new and unused.

Each switch is supplied with two keys.

The switches have two positions; on and off. There is an arrow molded onto the inner part of the keyway to indicate the position of the switch.

The key can be withdrawn in either position.

The switches are rated at 2A @ 125VAC, 1A @ 250VAC

Electrical connection is made by soldering to two hollow pin terminals at the rear of the switch.

The lock part is 15mm in diameter at its widest point.

The barrel has the usual configuration of two flats on either side to prevent the lock turning in its hole. The width across these flats is ~10.5mm

The mounting hole should be 12mm in diameter, (not including the flats).

Each switch is supplied with a spring clip to hold it in place.

These are not the more sophisticated (and expensive!) type of high security barrel lock, they are a simple standard key - any of the keys can operate any of the locks.

Basically, these are the standard ubiquitous key switches that were fitted to countless different PC's in the mid 80's to mid 90's.

Lock 01.jpgLock 02.jpg

Last edited:
Back