• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS or Trade: IBM MDA Adapter

Amigaz

Experienced Member
Have a spare IBM MDA Adapter I want to sell or possibly trade with a working Tandon full height 360k floppy drive circuit board.

I take offers by PM, please

Picture of actual item:

That PROM on the first card doesn't look like the US font-PROM. I know IBM supplied display adapters with different character PROMs for use in different countries, but I only know about 2 different ones for sure.

The two I know are:
5788005 = The standar US font
4733197 = The Norwegian/Danish font (mostly the same as the US font, but "Pt" and "¥" are replaced with "Ø" and "ø").

Maybe 6359300 is a German font perhaps (assuming the card is from the IBM AT you bougth from a seller in Germany)?

One of the cards...think the brown one comes from my IBM 5160 which is a machine sold in Sweden..actually used by SAAB SCANIA in the 80's

The other one came from a shitload of old XT cards I bought from a german seller

Back