• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: XT-IDE rev 3 Boards, Kits, and Assembled Units

Just buy it, put it together and quit worrying about the freaking color. This is a quality product that works great. Color makes NO difference to the performance. If you want originality in your system then you should be using MFM hard disk and controller!!

Of course, the important thing is that it works and that solves our problems but mine was just a joke but I see that in many if they are taken in bad...

Kind of, but for writes as well. There is optimised REP INSW code for V20 equipped machines in the XUB.

Edit: I answer myself, BIOS is obviously empty
Just a minor problem, the kit comes with a pair of 12K resistors when suposedly (by looking the PCB), 10K resistors are needed. Is it intended?.

At least it has worked with 10K resistors; so definitely seems that these 12K resistor were a packaging error. @glitch?

At least it has worked with 10K resistors; so definitely seems that these 12K resistor were a packaging error. @glitch?

No error, you can use any value from 2.2K - 47K. I included 12K in some of the kits, 10K in others. Just depends on whether Amy or I packed the kit :) The 10Ks were either 5% carbon film or 1% Dale RN55 mil-spec resistors, I think the 12Ks were all 5% metal film. Some of the assembled boards use 4.64K, some use 10K, some use 12K. It's just a pull-up so the value is totally noncritical.

Likewise, the 470 Ohm resistor is just a current limiter for the LEDs, though all of the kits have shipped with 470 Ohm resistors. Some are 5% green metal film, some are 5% tan carbon film, and some are 1% blue metal film.

Last edited:
Just wanted to note that we're in the middle of moving out of our apartment and into a house -- I'm trying to stay on top of shipping but it may take as much as 3-4 days for me to get your package out. I've got all of the XT-IDE rev 3 stuff set out so it won't get mixed in with the general packing/moving.

No error, you can use any value from 2.2K - 47K. I included 12K in some of the kits, 10K in others. Just depends on whether Amy or I packed the kit :) The 10Ks were either 5% carbon film or 1% Dale RN55 mil-spec resistors, I think the 12Ks were all 5% metal film. Some of the assembled boards use 4.64K, some use 10K, some use 12K. It's just a pull-up so the value is totally noncritical.

Likewise, the 470 Ohm resistor is just a current limiter for the LEDs, though all of the kits have shipped with 470 Ohm resistors. Some are 5% green metal film, some are 5% tan carbon film, and some are 1% blue metal film.

Ok, thanks glitch!, good to know that there's such a wider range of values accepted.

Btw, great work with the v3!, is working nicely with a 1GB CF. No real problems (I struggled a bit with the flashing procedure at first) in the PC-1640 until now.

Just ordered 100 more bare boards, should mean that boards, kits, and assembled units are available for a while :)

Second batch of boards just arrived! If you ordered something and were told that they hadn't come in yet, they'll ship tomorrow or Saturday.

Back