• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Future Domain TMC-840 scsi help

Did you get that 1522A from me? If so, good luck! That card worked perfectly for me for a couple of years till I upgraded from W95 to 98SE, then I couldn't get it to work (But then, I didn't really spend much time trying, only 'bout an hour-or-so). I just ended up replacing it with a 1542 that didn't give me any headache of any kind. Dat's plug-n-pray for ya...gimme jumpers any day.

--T

Umm, no, actually, I've had it since it was new and it works like a hose. I have a Aopen PC-200 as well and that's the extend of what I have to work with in the way of SCSI controllers, if you don't count the ones in the Sparc Ultra 1 3D, the Sparc 4 and the Sparc 5.

My scsi progress

My scsi progress

Im finally getting around to my tandy (bootable harddrive) project and have gave up on the Tmc-840.

I have just recieved a Trantor T130B 8-bit scsi card (with boot rom) and been having much better luck.

All the drives are detected and format after i load the trantor drivers but the hardrive will not boot.

I used the TFORMAT program provided and all seemed to go fine. I was able to Partition,Format and transfer system files to the drive but after rebooting the computer hangs after seeking the floppy.

If you put a bootable floppy (with trantor drivers loaded) in before turning on the computer it will boot from floppy just fine and the scsi/harddrives all functional well too. The card also has the boot ROM enabled.

Since its a different card im working with,i thinks a good idea to start a new topic in the tandy section here.

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=10204

if anyone can help with my Trantor card it will be great

thanks everybody for the helping with the TMC-840

Back