• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Goldstar Oscilloscope

tomasont

Experienced Member
Just picked up a nice old scope. Goldstar OS-902RB. Dual-trace 20 MHz. Pretty basic, but should fill my needs. It makes me realize how rusty I am on one of these. Anyone familiar with these? I was trying to figure out how old it is. Apparently Goldstar changed their name to LG around 1995. Goldstar Precision is now EZ Digital.

I recall this model as being a pretty standard scope, As I recall the RB was the "high end" 20MHz model. It's a pretty basic scope. the low end model was practically just a signal monitor. I was at a job where we got a few for evaluation a couple decads or so ago. They were decent, but we liked the Hamegs better so we bought those for use on the shop floor. I believe these were sold around 88-92.

Any standard reference on using a scope will work for these, the controls were perfectly standard. Check their calibration with the little built-in probe calibrator often, as I recall they didn't hold calibration super well, and were somewhat sensitive to temperature changes. But they were decent basic get-'er-done scopes.

Back