• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Good finds are still out there

BuggZ

Experienced Member
Checked out an Estate Sale while traveling in Texas recently. They had advertised early game consoles, so I thought it would be worth a trip to see what else the had. Scored an early 5150, 3 later 5150s, a 5151 monichrome display and 3 5153 color displays. Also got the DOS 2.1 manual and floppy and the IBM manual with diagnostic disk. Unfortunately there were no keyboards. There were some later Apple desktops, a Commodore 64 and some Tandy Model 4 units. I would have bought more but didn’t have room in the car.

Good finds when a collector dies it seems. Texas to the UK sounds like a long flight for a 5150.

Will be going into storage in Texas as moving back here in a few months. Will be parting with some things in the UK before leaving there for anyone interested. Will be posting a list in a couple of weeks.

Good finds when a collector dies it seems.
Sometimes, yep. Last year, I attended a hamfest where one of the sellers had a whole bunch of old computer stuff priced fairly cheaply. Seemed she's the widow of a collector who'd recently died. Lots of old laptops (including a GRiDPad) for a few bucks apiece. I limited myself to buying a Mac 128K with the original carrying case and keyboard/mouse. It threw a memory error on turn-on, so I was able to get it for $40. As the old saying goes, you can't take it with you.......... :sad:
-Adam

Back