• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gotek faceplate for Model 4

mrarkus

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D-printed/custom made faceplate to install a Gotek drive into a floppy drive bay?

Thanks!

Here are two plans on Thingiverse you can look at, might need to be modified and if you don't have a 3D printer you will need to find someone with one to print it after you modify it

The second ne might be more suitable for a Gotek

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D-printed/custom made faceplate to install a Gotek drive into a floppy drive bay?

Thanks!
I remixed one of the designs on Thingiverse
If you don't have a printer - you can upload your design and get a price from shapeways.com

A little note -
I though I'd be fancy and install the rotary encoder and a toggle switch allowing me to switch drive IDs (my video will show you why)

if I had to do over again (see 21:55), I would stay with the pushbuttons (instead of rotary encoder) and a slide switch or you can always print the faceplate with a recess to embed them in. The reason is the cover was challenging to put back on because the front of the faceplate is pretty flush with the front cover when it goes back together (or is taken off).

While I wish I had a printer, I haven't gotten into 3D printing yet, that's why I asked if someone sells these already printed. Shapeways is crazy money ($125 for cheapest option...)

I have the rotary switch Gotek installed (made a custom mount but I'm no engineer and it's ugly), and just remove the knob when I need to remove the case. Clears the top case just barely :) I do like it much better over buttons for use though, used to it from other machines.

if I had to do over again (see 21:55), I would stay with the pushbuttons (instead of rotary encoder) and a slide switch or you can always print the faceplate with a recess to embed them in. The reason is the cover was challenging to put back on because the front of the faceplate is pretty flush with the front cover when it goes back together (or is taken off).

That switch idea is brilliant, thanks!

Back