• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Other US Areas Great deal on a spinner

Covers the non-continental US, including Alaska, Haiwaii, Puerto Rico and other territories.
I just buy my spinning disks on ebay cheap when I find them. Hopefully now that 1-2TB NVME drives are cheap people will be dumping their mechanical drives for nothing so I can stock up some more.

On newer systems I still like to use an SSD for the OS but for data and games a fast (200MBs spinner will do fine).

I still have stock of IDE drives for desktop and laptop, never know what you will need.

I just buy my spinning disks on ebay cheap when I find them. Hopefully now that 1-2TB NVME drives are cheap people will be dumping their mechanical drives for nothing so I can stock up some more.

On newer systems I still like to use an SSD for the OS but for data and games a fast (200MBs spinner will do fine).

I still have stock of IDE drives for desktop and laptop, never know what you will need.
So, you don't think $9.95 is a good geal for a new one and you'd rather roll the dice on eBay?

You know, back around 1989, I was paying about $1000 for a 330MB drive--and I thought that was a good deal.

500GB in a drive of any size was pure fantasy. Of course, Parkinson's law and it's slower, so Wirth's law also.

Well, anything you buy on Newegg has a warranty and I guess a few of those in a RAID (do CMS drives work well in RAID?) could be useful.

It's an 8-year-old drive that does maybe 120MBs since its 5400RPM. I just buy used on eBay in bulk and pay less per drive.
But were talking about a 500GB drive not some 120MB used stuff off of eBay. I'd wager that if I posted a thread that just said "Today is Thursday and it's a good day" there would be that would argue that Saturday would be much better.

Got my drive this morning; tossed onto the pile of spinners to be used if the occasion demands. Top of the pile still in original wrapping was a Seagate Barracuda 2TB SMR drive. I still haven't figured out a use for that one.

I'm surprised that anyone here has never watched Blade Runner at least once, if not multiple times.

I mean, it was a genre defining movie. It not only spawned the cyberpunk genre, but also influenced decades of sci-fi films since. The second film, though, was complete trash imo. Tried too hard and terrible casting.

I have watched it many times. Its got a unique styling but I feel its overrated. Maybe its because there is no definitive version and there are a ton of different "cuts" of the movie. I like TRON better, always have but @LiqMatrix complaint about blade runner is the same for the tron sequel.

Back