• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRID 2260 Bios acces

techtatan

Experienced Member
hi everybody,

I own a GRID 2260 convertible laptop. Time and date is wrong and hard drive detections seems also to fail.
I dont know how to acces the bios of this machine.

Can someone give me a hint of the right key combination.
Or is there a specific bios programming file like on other grid machines ?

Kind regards,

hi Stone

sorry for delay !
I have not been notified of your reply.

After memory test i have a real time clock failure. and press F1 to continu
by doing so the grid tries to start from hard drive but seems to bug and just having a cursor on screen.

I had the same problem on an amstrad ALT386 and after reconfiguring bios regarding the hard drive specs it boots up with no problem.

I tried to boot dos from floppy and succes but was not able to set time & date nor find the hard drive missing drivers i guess, it was not the original grid OS or dos 3.
This machine should work under windows 3.1 with windows for pen computing.

For some grid machines there are bios config utilitys under dos but i was not able to find the one for this machine.

Still need help :)

kind regards

I own a GRID 2260 convertible laptop. Time and date is wrong and hard drive detections seems also to fail.

This problem is so common it really should have its own stickied thread so we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves over and over.

Anyway, what you describe is typical for when a computer has lost its BIOS Setup configuration and this usually means that the internal battery somewhere on the motherboard (not the laptop battery) is depleted. In other words, you will need to replace that battery if you want to be able to use the computer normally. If you don't, you might be able to use it after restoring the settings but only until you power the machine off.

Hi

This problem is so common it really should have its own stickied thread so we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves over and over.

Anyway, what you describe is typical for when a computer has lost its BIOS Setup configuration and this usually means that the internal battery somewhere on the motherboard (not the laptop battery) is depleted. In other words, you will need to replace that battery if you want to be able to use the computer normally. If you don't, you might be able to use it after restoring the settings but only until you power the machine off.

This is 100% ture. the problem with this old computer is to acces the bios on this old GRID 2260. I'm not alone on the net searching the how to for this old machine.

Try using this program to set up your hardware configuration:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...94/SETUPNU.zip

I will try and give feedback soon. Thanks a lot, from what machine is this conf utility from ?

Kind regards,

I found this for the Phoenix BIOS on Grid 2260 to try:
Phoenix™ BIOS CTRL+ALT+ESC
Phoenix BIOS CTRL+ALT+S
Phoenix BIOS CTRL+ALT+INS

Some common keys are ESC, F1, F2, F10, Ctrl-Del or Del

Spam the F2 or Del (or whatever key you try) as soon as you power on. Even with a dead CMOS battery, you should be able to configure the CMOS for as long as you leave the laptop powered up.

hi stone

THANK YOU FOR THAT :)

It works i was able to set time & date but have no idea on what hard drive is in the machine !
at the time I was forced to disassemble the Amstrad ALT386 to get the specs of the hard drive. I think i need to do the same in this case hope i will be able to get the infos :)

If you have any hint of what hard drives should be in the grid 2260 ? there is a joice of 1-47 with different specs... but i think you know that :)

Thanks again for your kind help.

Best regards from france

hi everybody !

I have replaced the two batterys on the main board :
the varta 7.2 v 6/v 30R does no longer bee supplyed by varta the only solution i found was to put 2 x 3/V40H in serie together witch is the most similar to the old one.

the 3.6V LS3 Lithuim battery was avaiable on internet : ref 3.6V LS14250CNA.

So for now the computer keep bios configuration !

kind regards

from what machine is this setup utility ? because nothing mathces with the original hard drive !

I have another problem may nothing to do with bios settings but i'm not sure :

I have changed the hard drive as i was not able to boot on the original one .

I have boot on dos 6.22 create partition on hard drive using FDISK (part size 503MO also tested with 127 MO) format the partition to FAT16.

by starting up computer says no system disk : so i install DOS 6.22 using the normal installation process from floppy. AT 99% it returns un able to write COMMAND.COM
(by having dir on c: there is command.com on hard drive).

Now by trying to boot on hard drive it returns No system disk/disk error . by trying to launch scandisk ot returns faulty FAT.

So i tried with another disk same result and both hard drives works well on another computer.

I also tried FDISK /mbr fdisk create partition format /s c: but still not able to boot from hard drive .

any help would be very apreciated !!!

Kind regards

Back