• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRiDPad 1910 Screen Replacement

Recently purchased a GridPad 1910 off eBay which has a bit of moisture built in the screen.
Looks like I will need to replace the screen.
I figured out how to pull it apart with a bit of trial and error and would be interested to see if anyone has any documentation on these. (Pictures of teardown for anyone interested).
IMG_0780.JPEGIMG_0781.JPEGIMG_0783.JPEG
Does anyone know of a suitable screen replacement?
IMG_0784.JPEG IMG_0789.JPEG
This is the current back of the screen which I assume that the glue being old, allowed moisture in somehow...

Great project you have going there. I have a draft of the original hardware guide somewhere. I was one of the engineers to wrote the software for this. The manual is more about the bios and and such but also contains pinout diagrams and a lot of detailed info. I can scan it if that would be helpful. I have an early GRiDPad I've love to get working again but the power supply popped. If anyone here can give me tips to fix that I'd be grateful. The overlay is unique, nothing but the early GRiDPads have that. It was special built just for us.

Yes, I would appreciate that!
I have been super busy with projects, or I would have responded sooner.
It would be super cool to replace this screen with an electroluminescent screen or something with high contrast.
I wouldn't know if that would be possible without knowing more about the tech that went into the screen.
Josh

Back