• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Hard Drive for my CMD HD40

steveuk

Experienced Member
Hi im looking for a very cheap 40-80meg hard drive for my CMD HD40. i think i may have a drive problem, as when i try to do the LLFORMAT, the drive is spinning, but i get the ERROR WRITE 5 showing, ive put in a new BootChip i got from the USA, the newest version 2.8,my old one was 2.7. I think the Drive is a 40-meg MFM i have installed, but not 100% if it is MFM, i need to check.

When i turn on all light flash and scrool, then i just get left with the Power light and the 2 Activity lights bottom on, top flashing. it when i try the format i get the error light flashing.. Any idears, is it the drive tho spins needs replaceing. if so if anyone has a spare one in the UK and wants to sell it to me cheap, please PM me. It has to be VERY CHEAP inc P+P Costs.

Thanks Steve

I have several HD's around, RLL, MFM, IDE, SCSI. Let me know what you are looking for precisely and i''ll have a look.

I have several HD's around, RLL, MFM, IDE, SCSI. Let me know what you are looking for precisely and i''ll have a look.
i think it's mfm, will open up case later/tomorrow, as not filling to well today, and check the inside and the number of pins required.
Thanks
Steve

Back